What causes pain around the genital area?

61 year male diabetic facing surgery in three areas of my body right genital hernia, Gall bladder stones and cervical 4th & 6th vertib- plate and all areas extreme pain. where do I go from here as far as which operation should I schedule with my doctors preforming each operation?
Tue, 24 Apr 2018
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You go to any tertiary center for the surgery where a neurosurgeon and a general surgeon is available.

Your hernia and gallbladder both can be done at one sitting but cervical plating should be done on another occasion.

Any tertiary center will examine you with proper investigations. If you have pain in your genital and you are diabetic then it is common to develop infection there.

So, you need to be treated with antibiotics. Just don't neglect it because it causes more pain and is difficult to treat and healing is delayed. Monitor your blood sugar. Take care of your diet and foot.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Archana