Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
129 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What causes pain around the genital area?

61 year male diabetic facing surgery in three areas of my body right genital hernia, Gall bladder stones and cervical 4th & 6th vertib- plate and all areas extreme pain. where do I go from here as far as which operation should I schedule with my doctors preforming each operation?
Tue, 24 Apr 2018
Report Abuse
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You go to any tertiary center for the surgery where a neurosurgeon and a general surgeon is available.

Your hernia and gallbladder both can be done at one sitting but cervical plating should be done on another occasion.

Any tertiary center will examine you with proper investigations. If you have pain in your genital and you are diabetic then it is common to develop infection there.

So, you need to be treated with antibiotics. Just don't neglect it because it causes more pain and is difficult to treat and healing is delayed. Monitor your blood sugar. Take care of your diet and foot.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Archana
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Ok so i am concerned somehow i have gotten genital herpes. Though i have never had sex nor had anyone down there. I was doing routine shaving and i...