What causes pain and weakness in the legs?

Various parts of my legs hurt and my legs feel tired/weak. It s hard walking, especially up the stairs, and it feels like they will give out. There s pain in my shins, calfs, thighs, and hamstrings. I also have pain in my knees and now I got hip pain. Most of my symptoms started yesterday and made it hard for me to sleep. I didn t do any exercising yesterday. All I did was lean over something to do something and my legs started hurting. They felt as if I exercise by running up multiple stairs with a heavy backpack but not quite. I had joint problems in the past and used to wear something for my knees. And some back and shoulder pain. I m a 20 year old male. I m just curious as to why my legs hurt and why they feel tired. I m not sure if I strained a muscle or several, or if it is something else, like fibromyalgia, tendinitis, etc. Nene azu Accra Ghana
Mon, 16 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Pain in the legs and straining may be due to age related loss of muscle fibres and atrophy of muscle lead to weakness or tendinitis. So take rest, do cold and heat compression, drink coconut water. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu