What causes pain and numbness in the middle back?

I been having pain,tingling,burning, numbness in the middle part of my back. No one can seem to tell me what it could be. I ve seen several different Doctors for this problem. One Dr told me it was shingles. Iv e had this pain for a year and a half now.
Tue, 26 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It can be due to a herniated disc in your vertebral column or back bone. Get one back X ray done. Because of herniated disc most likely a nerve is trapped which is causing this issue.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.