What causes missed periods?

Hi mam i am feeling ashamed i have anul sex wid my boy frnd many times once the penis acidntly hurt my vagina nd its starts bleeding but i never have sex through vagina . . .i got my periods on time but now i got break up but i am not getting my periods from last two months i have done pregnancy test at home its negative but still i am so worried am i pregnant?? Plz help me i am so scared . .wat should i do now????
Mon, 26 Mar 2018
OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology 's  Response
Sorry to hear of your relationship breakdown. The pregnancy test is a fairly reliable test and picks up any pregnancy a early as a week after missing your periods. I suggest repeating the pregnancy test on the early morning sample. If this is negative then it should be reassuring. If you do not get periods and the pregnancy test remains negative then you should see a gynaecologist for examination and advice of further workup (ultrasound and blood tests) to look further into the possible causes.

If the repeat pregnancy test on early morning urine sample remains negative, then the likelihood is more that the emotional stress has temporarily disturbed the natural rhythm of your cycles and hormone production and it should recover by itself. If not, please arrange to see a Ob-Gyn Specialist.