What causes menstrual cramps?

So before marriage I had no relations with another man, other than my now husband, and I didn’t have cramps during my period. However, that all changed after I got married. Is it healthy that all of a sudden I’m getting cramps after marriage or should I be worried ?
Wed, 25 Apr 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You go for ultrasound of pelvis. If it is normal then don't worry about it.

You can take tramadol and paracetamol combination. Consult your physician for prescription.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Purva Patel