What causes leg cramps?

I am a 59 year old female and this evening I got a leg cramp in the calf of my right leg..I get them now and then. I sat mostly at work today and maybe got up about six times..I was just wondering what can be done to soothe the painful cramp..It comes and goes right now it doesn t hurt?
Wed, 25 Feb 2015
Dear patient
Leg cramps might be due to 1. Low calcium level in blood 2. Anxiety at work. So if you are stressed at work it will affect your muscle activity. So try to be at ease when at work. If that's not the case need to get tested for serum calcium , phosphorus and alkaline phosphatase level in blood. If it's low start tab shelcal ct 500mg twice a day and tab vitamin d3 60000 units once a week and you will be fine.