What causes inter menstrual vaginal bleeding?

So I ended my period around April 11th and after my period ended, a bunch of left over blood kept coming out. Just about 4 days ago I started another period so i’ve basically have had a nonstop period for about 3 weeks long, yes I have sex protected and unprotected and I am also on a birth control pill. Why could this be happening to me?
Sat, 7 Jul 2018
Hello and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It could be due to hormonal imbalance caused by pill.
Just wait and watch for your menses.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.