What causes excessive weight gain?

My doctor said there's nothing wrong with my thyroid but I'm a vegetarian and I am gaining weight I workout daily I ate one meal a day a healthy meal and I drink a lot of water and I'm still gaining weight or I'm just not losing I might round my throat and gaining weight and I hear that's your thyroid but my doctor said they just found a spot around the thyroid and another doctor said he thinks there's water than in the thyroid I don't know what to do
Fri, 1 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

There are many reasons for weight gain if your are female then causes like Polycystic ovarian diseases (PCOD), menopause leads to weight gain If you are male then stress is the main cause other than thyroid. So I suggest you to take Cortisol level test and USG for PCOD. And for thyroid investigation Thyroid function Profile is enough to rule out but if you still have confusion you can do USG Thyroid to get clear about thyroid problems.Consult a physician with the reports.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.