What causes dizziness and diarrhea?

my husband has light headiness nausea and watery diarhea... will not drink any fluids what can we do or what is possible diagnosis..He is 77 yrs old ..My sister and I were together over the weekend had the above but had vomitting also ..we are clear could this be something he caught from me?
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

According to history provided you are having intestinal tract infection along with stomach involvement and it can be from the viral cause or can be from bacterial infection. You can do the symptom Attic management for that with lots of water to maintain hydration and which are said like powder can be taken with water to maintain the electrolyte balance. You have to avoid excessive spicy food and semi solid foods can be taken.
I will suggest you to investigate with the stool routine microscopic analysis to check any pus cells or Bacteria is present. Probiotic tablet can be prescribed in the diarrhoea.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.