What causes discolouration of semen post a vasectomy?

Hi, I have recently had a vasectomy and my seamen has turned into a dark yellow colour. It was never like this before. The first couple of times I ejaculated there was a little blood mixed in as well. This has disappeared but why is my seamen still yellow. It has been 1 month since the operation and it is not improving. I drink plenty of water so it is not dehydration.
Wed, 25 Sep 2019

The yellow color could be suggestive of some form of infection inside secondary sexual organs. I suggest you investigate with semen culture and pelvic ultrasound for primary workup. If semen culture shows an organism than treated with antibiotic accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Parth Goswami, General & Family Physician