What causes dark brown vaginal discharge along with pelvic pain?

I was on the depo for 4 /5 years and my last depo shot was in September 2015 it was due in December but I didn t go. Couple weeks ago had pains in my pelvis and now today I had dark brown discharge I havnt had a period the whole time I ve been on injection. What does this mean. I have been having un protected sex but took a pregnancy test at the doctors on Friday and it came back negative
Wed, 20 Jul 2016
hi,
Thanks for the query. I understconsiderable and your concern.
Depot injectable contraceptives have high hormone content & are long acting contraceptives. They cause hormonal disturbance & avoid ovulation to cause contraception.
So the time taken for correction of the hormonal menstrual cycle is considerable ( about 3- 6 months )..The dark brown discharge you have is suggestive of withdrawal of the depot product...& normal menstrual cycle is yet to return.
You have already finished 6 months after withdrawal of the shot.. I would suggest consultation of gynecologist , to exclude other cases of irregular menses.
Thanks,