Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

What can be done for loose tooth and tooth pain ?

My cousin has been telling me her tooth hurts and is loose. She is a 6 1/2 year old female so she still has baby teeth. She is on a summer visit, so she is not from the area. Any suggestions of what I can do?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jul 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  260
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to hcm forum,
If your cousin's baby teeth is shaking,it has to be removed.
If left untreated ,the tooth will become firm again and will result in eruption of permanent successor of the tooth lingually/buccally.
If the tooth is not able to remove by yourself,please do visit a dentist.
Remaining baby teeth also has to be removed at the proper time.
Take complete course of medicines prescribed.
Meanwhile warm saline gargle can be done.
Brush and floss your teeth daily.
Please do get dental check-up in every 6 months.
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 10 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

According to your clinical history i suppose that the decidous tooth is retained in your cousin's mouth.
I would suggest you to visit the Dentist and get an x-ray done to see for the position of the errupting permanent tooth.
Since the decodous tooth is loose it will fall by itself.
You maintain a good oral hygiene.
Use antiseptic mouthwash gargles twice daily.

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Fri, 10 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Yogesh Tripathi's  Response
the loose teeth that you are speaking of are the deciduous teeth that are supposed to fall of if its in the anterior region of mouth , but if its in the posterior region of mouth than it needs to be in the mouth for a few more years
so what i would suggest accordingly is that if its in the anterior region than get it extracted as if they retain than permanent tooth will come buccaly or lingualy and lead to malocclusion
if its in the posterior region than you may do the following
1.luke warm saline rinses 4-6 times daily
2.gum astringent like hiora or fitgum .gentle massage with index finger after every rinse
hope that helps
Answered: Wed, 7 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Her baby tooth becomes loose and will fall.
Give her analgesic medicines for pain relief .Do hot water gargles.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 15 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor