What are the risks involved in having an operation in vertebra?

I have klippel feil syndrome with fusion of c2-c4 and c5-c7, stenosis between c4 and c5 and poking into my spinal cord. I have spasticity, numbness in my left hand and losing my balance when I walk. I am 53 with HBP and a heart murmur. I have had mrsa and recently had staph infection in my lymph nodes and tested positive for Factor 5 (need blood thinner). What are my odds of having a successful operation to have my vertebra screwed to a plate to make me more stable?
Wed, 16 May 2018
Neurologist, Surgical 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

In your case,anesthetic risk is greater than general population as u have so many risk factors.The operative risk include infection, malposition of screws,loss of power in either upper limb, loss of sensations and respiratory paralysis rarely. Also u will need care postoperatively. I will advise you to get rid of your infection first before going to surgery.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.