What are the consequences of smoking weed?

I want to know the consequences of smoking weed before 18 weeks is up. I want to know what the doctor s will tell me. I m planning on stopping. I just don t want them testing me all of the time for my urine because I ve tested positive in my urine samples twice now .....
Sat, 18 Aug 2018
Hello and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Smoking weed is not recommended during pregnancy as it can potentially impact a developing baby’s health. These may include: low birth weight, premature birth, small head circumference, small length and stillbirth. After birth, a child whose mother used weed during pregnancy may have trouble with memory, attention, controlling impulses and school performance. Hence, it is recommended strictly not to use weed during pregnancy and lactation.

Hope the information provided helps. All the best.

Dr. Ashakiran. S