Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Visible cheek swelling due to broken teeth. Will new artificial teeth resolve the issue?

hi i had some tooth related problem when i was 9 then my left cheek swoled and dentist remived push from tht and did cavity treatmnt and filling after that my that teeth got broken by it self and cheek became suken on left side which is noticable some times what to do my sge is 22 and uf i get new artificial teeth will tht suken area be correct my suken cheek area is up to mouth
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Dentist 's  Response

Since your affected teeth affected with dental caries at the age of 9 years,the decay has spread into periapical area causing abscess thereby cheek swelling occurs.

I WOULD ADVICE you to get an x-ray of the tooth to know the present condition of tooth and treatment can be planned based on that.


IF tooth cannot be saved,it has to be extracted,and a removable/fixed denture can be replaced.

hope this suffices.


Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Anshumala Singh's  Response
dear friend , thanx for sharing you concern,

don't worry, your dentist must have done RCT treatment for your abscess tooth, but i think you didn't place any prosthetic crown on it . so the tooth got brittle and broke off .

now you don't have to worry at all, again this can be done.

regarding your sunken cheek, definitely when crown will be placed after treating the tooth your dental appearance will change and will improve .

the cause for your cheek swelling was the periapical abscess which will disappear after getting proper treatment done .

i would recommend you to do the following ;

1 seek your dentist help.

2 get an xray done , understand the underlying cause for swelling .

3 if required get started with antibiotic treatment followed by RCT .
4 get prosthetic crown , made for that.
this will solve your problem.
Answered: Fri, 22 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Dentist Dr. Neha Gupta's  Response
Thanks for sharing your concern with us
from the description described you can go for artificial teeth.
treatment consist of placing crown on the tooth.
In case of deep cracks RCT is the treatment of choice.
RCT is needed when tooth ache worsens or does not clear away.
You can contact me again directly through my profile.
Dr Neha Gupta
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor