Vasculitis, polymyalgia rheumatica. Taking prednisolone, diabetes, fever. Causes for high sugar levels?

Hello, this summer I was serious ill and was in hospital for 4 weeks. Diagnose; vasculitis and Polymyalgia Rheumatica . Now, I have tot take every day (with lots of other pills) Prednisolon 20 mg and that made me a diabetic II. I noticed that if my sugarlevel is going up to high, I always getting a little fever (38) My question is: Is it possible that if my sugarlevel is much to high ( 15-20) my body also reacting with fever? Thank you for youw answer
Wed, 3 Oct 2012