Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Variation in weight of new born baby, looks thin and tiny, started zerolac, andnan1 with milk

Hello, my boy baby was born 3.65 kg, gradually his weight reduced and by 3 months and 11 days he was 4.9kg. By the 2nd month, I added supplementary food (NAN1) along with mother s milk. even though he looks thin and tiny. Is there any problem??? My physician says he is normal.... Now he is entering into forth month, I have started Zerolac ( lactose and sucrose free) 1 feed, NAN1 2 feeds along with mothers milk inbetween. Am I in a right way???
Tue, 15 May 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
If there is no lactose intolerance it is not necessary to give Zerolac. Do not expect the weight gain to be even all the time. There may be variations. You have not mentioned how much formula you are giving. If he drinks the entire amount prepare more. Make sure you reconstitute the formula properly. Take the child for monthly check yup.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor