Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Using hard or glass perm since teenage, get white gook in the corner of eye. Should I stop wearing contact lenses?

I am 49 years old and have worn hard or gas perm. contacts since 13 years of age. I always had a little white gook in the corner of my eye, but now it is increasing. When I touch the corner of my eye to pull it out, there is a string of it under my lower lid that pulls out with it. Do I have to stop wearing contact lenses? Is it just a symptom of growing old and having drier eyes?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear user
As from your history you are using contact lenses for quiet a long time. Your symptoms indicate allergic conjunctivitis, caused by allergy to contact lenses. You are not required to stop the use of contact lenses completely. But you are required to reduce the frequency of using contact lenses and you require antiallergic eye drops for treatment of the allergic conjunctivitis. I advice you to consult a ophthalmologist for treatment and further advice.
Thank you
Answered: Sun, 14 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor