Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Undergone hysterectomy through laproscopy. Successful surgery, normal reports. Safe to have sex?

my wife had hysteroLaparoscopy with chromopertubation f/b D&C on 18 June’2012 successfully with all the report normal after surgery…just wanted to know how much time we should not have intercourse and if in case anyone do it within 2 week then what will be the results and pains and what medicines to take to minimize the pain… Please suggest
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
No protocol for abstinence of sex after surgery but as uterus is removed so It's stump gets adhesions within 5-6 weeks time.
If you have gone for sex within 2 weeks it doesn't damage but it may cause some pain due to contractions of the muscle.
No medicine needed but if she is more uncomfortable with pain a mild anti inflammatory medicine should be given.
Answered: Wed, 1 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor