Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Twisted arm, hurts, cannot move it is stiff and sore. Suggestion?

I was playing football, when i had to jump at full sprint to avoid the goal keeper. However he clipped my feet causing me to land awkwardly on my left arm and hip. Initially i thought i was just winded but now it constantly aches and when i try to move its really stiff and sore but when i cough the pain is excruciating!
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  306
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Put some ice or cold clothing to the twisted area. Get it banded (elastic joint bandage) to avoid pain or further damage to the twisted joint.

Take paracetamol or ibuprofen orally to fight the pain.

After 48 hours of applying ice, can use anti-inflammatory creams containing ibuprofen or diclophenac or mentholii or capsicum.

If no progress, still pain or local swelling, go to radiologist to do an X-ray to evaluate if there is another damage rather than simple twist.

Hope fast recovery!
Answered: Sun, 13 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor