Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Trouble in swallowing food, choking, prescribed inflammatory spray. Advice?

Hi over the last two days I have had trouble swallowing food , the best way to describe the unpleasantness is I feel like a have a ball of hair down my throat blocking the food making me splutter. I have only had soup and water over the last two days I feel like I am choking if I attempt to eat. Went to my doctors yesterday he couldn t see down my throat properly and gave me an anti inflammatory spray and told me to go back on Friday if symptoms persist.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear difficulty in swallowing solids but not liquids is usually due to a mechanical obstruction like a foreign body or a mass but it could also be viral, candida or reflux esophagitis the later conditins are also associated with pain during swallowing. You should have a barium study of upper gastrointestinal tract to find out if there is really any obstruction. Thanks and take care.
Answered: Sat, 4 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor