Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Treatment for Jaw opening dystonia

Hi, My father in law is having jaw opening dystonia. He is udergoing treatment since 2 years but there was no improvement. Could you please help us to know what treatments are available and which doctors to consult you have delt such cases. Thanks! Hima
Asked On : Fri, 21 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  318
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Dystonia is a neurological movement disorder characterized by involuntary muscle contractions,which force certain parts of the body into abnormal,sometimes painful, movements or postures. Dystonia can affect any part of the body. Ayurveda offers panch karma and internal medicine in such cases. I would advice you to start with ashwagandha and abhrak sahastraputi also massage the area with prasarni tail. More details can be worked out after going through detailed history of patient.
Dr.Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Answered: Fri, 21 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor