Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

To whom should i consult for excessive salivation of my 4 years old baby ?

my son is 4 yrs old. he has excessive salivation. During birth , there was complication,, my son has problem with left hand movement also. but it is improving now after physiotherapy . Could plz guide me whow to consult for excessive salivation?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  170
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to healthcare magic!!!
You can take your child to the paediatrician since you are saying he has less left hand movement because of asphyxia earlier just make sure that the excessive salivation is not due to facial paralysis which causes drooling excessively which can seem like excessive salivation, if it is excessive salivation the child can be given anticholinergics.
Answered: Wed, 30 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor