Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Tiny hole in ear, present towards the centre of the ear, clear foul smelling discharge. Treatment?

When I was a kid I remember in the sixth grad there was this small hole that somehow appeared in one of my ears. Almost like something bit me there and left a tiny hole. not the ear lob but towards the skull sorta middle above where the entrance of the ear is. This thin clear liquid would come out and it smelled like pee. What was that?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding small tiny hole towards the skull near the entrance of ear, it has fowl smellingliquid in it.

Considering your symptoms in all aspects it appears to be pre auricular sinus. This is a developmental defect and is form due to incomplete union of branchial clefts.

For treatment surgical excision of sinus tract is the only answer.

Answered: Wed, 20 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor