Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Tenderness in the back of the knee after overextending, swelling in the knee. Torn PCL?

Hi, I ve been exercising, power walking and elliptical but my running shoes were really old. I think I hyperextended my knee or PCL because it feels weak and unsupported behind my knee. Uncomfortable to straighten in back and there s tenderness in back of knee higher towards my thigh. My right knee which I hurting turns inward when I put my feet together facing forward. Do you think I hyperextended or tore my PCL? Knee is also swelled and tender and pain/discomfort goes up to my hip and behind my pelvis .
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
dear friend,
welcome to HCM.
you are right in saying that you probably have a torn ligament.
it is better you see your ortho doc and get confirmed.
till then can take simple pain killers like acetaminophen 3 times a day.
take care.
Answered: Fri, 20 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor