Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Tampons get soaked in urine, suffer incontinent, bladder tilted. Is it fistula or prolapse?

Hi. When I use tampons they become completely soaked with urine . I also suffer incontince, which is mild and occurs in a slow steady stream. It doesn t happen when I laugh or sneeze but does during intense exercise (I get soaked). I had 1 c-section & 2 vbacs, one with a severe tear. My doctor said my bladder was tilted & was fine. I also feel like I have to pee frequently & never feel like my bladder is completely empty. I get UTIs about 3x a year. Could this be a fistula or a prolapse? Should I see an urologist?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  1199
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have undergone C-section and now have leakage of urine without your knowledge,
This can be due to Vesico Vaginal Fistula However final diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical and per speculum examination .Please consult qualified Gynaecologist for check up.
You may need to consult qualified Urologist for endoscopic examination of Bladder( Cystoscopy)to confirm presence of fistula.
Answered: Mon, 11 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shoaib Khan's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

Urinary incontinence is commonly seen in women who have delivered or had a cesarean section. Causes for urinary incontinence are the following:
-Pregnancy or child birth
-Changes with age
-Bladder disturbances
-Neurological problems
-Uterine or vaginal prolapse
-Urinary fistula
and a few others.

But in my opinion, from the information provided by you, the most probable cause could be a prolapse, this cannot be confirmed without an elaborate examination and investigations. Please visit a doctor for an elaborate evaluation. All the possible conditions can be easily treated. These conditions can also worsen with time. The frequent UTI's are also as a result of the main cause.

Please visit a gynecologist, and then a referral to a urologist might be required.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Mon, 11 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor