Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

191 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Taking phexin capsule for boil on bums

hello dr m 22 yrs female suffering frm boils on bums since 2 days n yday i started taking phexin capsule fr dis is it k? n pls suggest me wat else i shud do? pls as my xamz r approachin within 2 days..........
Wed, 11 May 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
Development of boils on the burns is a common finding.You can apply silver sulfadiazine ointment or sucralfate ointment to get relief from the burning sensation. If nothing is available apply some toothpaste on it . Keep the boils open to air and do not prick them to take out the fluid.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response

Applying warmth to the infected area is one effective way to treat boils.Soak a washcloth in warm salt water and put the cloth on the affected area.Never squeeze a boil - this can spread the infection. u should use an antibacterial soap for bathing to be on the safe side.Increasing one’s water intake also helps in expelling the toxins from the system. take good balanced diet.u can continue the same antibiotic course for 5 days.maintain hygiene of that area. if severe consult dermatologist. take care. best of luck for ur exams.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....