Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Tail bone up in buttocks. Have scar tissue. Done X rays. Is this a serious issue?

I have my tail bone up my butt literally and doctors tell me it s not their problem. it s blocking my colon in 2 -places but doctors seem to not be interested in treating me . What are my options ? I live in central Kentucky and no doctor i have seen has any experience with this type of situation. I believe I have scar tissue holding it out of place because this is what the x-rays suggest along with a large dimple in my abdomen .. My colon is noticably kinked and my tail bone is bent upwards past 90 degrees. Myself, I think it would be nice to find a doctor who has successfully moved a persons tail bone back into place that would be willing to discuss it with one of the surgeons I have seen. If it matters, I am 52 and no longer physically active. beofre this situation with my tail bone, I could easily bench press 200 lbs. but now do little.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, it appears to be the matter of the tailbone and colon, so i advise you to consult a gastroenterologist for diagnosis and treatment. you may need to have an M.R.I. for confirmation of the condition.
I suppose if the colon is released from the adhesions your tailbone may be relieved. Thank you.
Answered: Sun, 14 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor