Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Swollen wrist after an injury. X-ray report normal. Severe pain. Need help

Hi, I once played badminton and injured my wrist . I couldn t move it. It got swollen. Drs said I need to stop using for a while and rest it, but then it got jammed! It is not broken band the xray is clean but I can move my wrist in any direction.. it has been 3 years on this condition. I tried everything, asked lits of drs, but still no improvements. I barely can use my tooth brush! It hurts so much when i do anything that requires my wrist to be used. help :(
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
It seems that you are suffering from a post traumatic stiffness of your wrist joint. After the injury is healed it is necessary to start with the appropriate physiotherapy to regain the joint movements. You can do a hot fomentation also.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Fri, 14 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor