Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Swelling on right wrist, looks like a ganglion cyst, pain on moving wrist, recurring condition. Suggestions?

There is a swelling on my right wrist and looks like ganglion cyst , it was operated and removed in 2004 and again appears after 5 years at the same place. since then it was swelling for a couple of months and disappears for 4/5 months. During the swelling the movement of the wrist is hard and a little pain also there. Can you suggest me is there any complete cure for the same.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM

Is the swelling that you got couple of years back proven as ganglion cyst histopathologically?
A swelling on the wrist can be a ganglion cyst or a simple cyst.
Ganglion cyst is known to recur and it causes discomfort and pain.
Management of cyst is surgical removal.
So, consult your doctor for its removal.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Thu, 10 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor