Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Swelling, bump right above knee, redness, swelling. Is this a blood clot and how do I treat it?

Hi, My name is XXXX. i am 25 yrs old. I m really scared on Friday I developed this little red kinda swollen pea size bump right above my knee on my right leg and toward the back...its gotten to be about a 50 cent piece in size and the redness and swelling is 10 timesa bigger as well...The hospital I called for answers told me that its not a blood clot bc you cant feel them on the surface of the skin ...You can feel mine. Should I go to the hospital? what do you think it is?
Asked On : Fri, 4 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
you should consult your doctor immediately if there is no history of trauma as it may be a bleeding disorder or allergic manifestations which shold be cleared by your doctore after examining you and doing some tests
Answered: Fri, 4 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor