Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
190 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest ways of removing an ear ring

I went in for an MRI today but could not do it because I could not get an earring out. It appears the rubber backing has hardened to the post. Several people in the hospital tried pulling it off but now earlobe is sore and the earring is still in my ear! What now?
Fri, 24 Oct 2014
Report Abuse
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, thanks for your query. You consult with the ent specialist and get your ear ring removed under local anaesthesia. There is no other way out. Hope my answers have helped you. Thanks.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi there, i think ive got the ball of tragus? piercing stuck in my ear canal, ive got a slight ear ache and occasional discomfort from with inside...