Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
175 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for rectal prolapse

I m 58 years old and had a partial hysterectomy in 2000 and now have rectal prolapse and a returned retocele. I noticed the retocele I had repaired a few years prior returned as a result of my hysterectomy I had a defecography and was recommended retopexy with re-section. I m very nervous about this surgery as the reviews are anything but good. The prolapse is internal and my fear is incontinence with or without the surgery. Advise please, thank you. I m trying to avoid the surgery if at all possible.
Mon, 9 Nov 2015
Report Abuse
  User's Response
Well come to HCM
I really appreciate your concern, if this is the medical condition or surgical condition of rectal prolapse, rectocele, then surgery is the only option you have if the clinical symptoms are severe one, and no need to worry about this, this may not be major surgery, hope this information helps, take care and have a nice day.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I believe I have rectal prolapse. I have noticed it for the first time today and went searching online for hours until I came across my answer. I...