Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
154 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for impacted ear wax

I have wax empacted in my ear. Have been to my Dr. His office is arranging an appt. with a Hospital with an up to 6 mo. Waiting period. I do not have insurance. I am trying home remedies but would like to get it cleared up ASAP. I live on a pension but would like to get the problem resolved.
Fri, 14 Oct 2016
Report Abuse
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear,

Welcome to HCM.

Understanding your concern. As per your query you have symptoms of impacted ear wax which seems to be due to sinusitis and middle ear infection.

Need not to worry. I would suggest you to

- Take ibuprofen and acetaminophen for pain.

- Put wax dissolving ear drops.

- Take proper course of antibiotic and anti-inflammatory drugs.

- Avoid touching and pricking it with any sharp object.

You should consult ENT specialist once for proper diagnosis and to rule out causes like TMJ pain. Doctor may order MRI or CT scan to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Get Well Soon.

Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have always produced a lot of ear wax. I have a build up in my ear and it is muffling my hearing. I have used over the counter ear drops in the...