Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
132 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for enlarged prostate

Dr..Last month I had sex a night before and next morning i had a sticky blood before urination..and then the urination was normal..I checked my PSA which was 6.5.The ultra sound of found mild enlargement of prostate,..I feel cold and fatigue( in winters)...I checked my temperature it was 36.2c..What should i do.?
Mon, 29 Aug 2016
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for posting in HCM.
I understand your concern.
Mild enlargement of prostate can be managed conservatively by taking medications. However, you need to do follow-up regularly by means of ultrasound scan and monitoring PSA levels.
In case it does not respond well to medications, and remains symptomatic, then you need to get it removed by means of surgery called TURP (Trans Urethral Resection of Prostate).
Kindly consut Urologist in this regard for clinical assessment and appropriate management.
Hope the information provided would be helpful.
All the best and wish you good health.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Age-74.3:height-5feet 6 inches:weight 87 kg:Have been suffering from Asthma for the last six years. Have mostly been taking delta cortril and...