Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
185 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for earache

i had fluid in my ear my left ear. the er. doctor said i had fluid in my middle ear i had vertigo for now they gave me medicine . thats been some 4 months my ear still hurts if i touch below my ear 7 behind it. also i cant let cold air get into it it hurts all the time.
Tue, 30 Dec 2014
Report Abuse
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
Accumulation of fluid in the middle ear is responsible for the ear ache and vertigo.
Accumulation of fluid in middle ear is most commonly due to infection.
Infection leads to fluid collection in the middle ear.
Thus, treatment of infection along with drainage of accumulated fluid in the middle ear is required.
Evacuation of fluid will also relive vertigo.
Insertion of grommet will help to release the fluid from the middle ear.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am Ritobroto from Kolkata. my baby is 4 years old girl. From last few weeks she started complaining about pain inside her ear. Almost...