Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
185 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for ear pain

Hi, I jumped in to a lake from 5m. - When I went under water my ears started to hurt. When I can back up they continued to ache - especially if I repressurise my ears by swallowing, blowing out whilst holding my nose etc. It also feels like I have water still in my ears. I am meant to be going surfing tomorrow, should I be worried
Mon, 27 Jul 2015
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, you should get your ears checkes by an expert (ENT Surgeon) before you go for surfing. Ear problem can increase if you continue to go underwater.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I scratched the inside of my ears using a qtip that must of had something on it. I went to emergency and received some antibotics and was told to...