Suggest treatment for ear eczema

Inside my outer ear there is seemingly an overgrowth of skin..so I get daily scaling-off I might liken to eczema... I have seen the same in aged adults, and I am in my mid-70 s. What to do? If I keep scrubbing it off I ll soon have a sore area. Thanks
Fri, 20 Oct 2017
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Take care not to scratch your ear with ear buds as frequent trauma to ear canal can cause more irritation then infection and the cycle can go on.Initial treatment with application of moisturizing cream like vaseline,petroleum jelly.If no relief then topical steroid preparations.