Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
170 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for cystic acne

Hi doctor am 24 years old i have acne from past 10years . my acne was inactive from fast 1year but now suddenly one side cheek as got pus filled acne which is pain full.and the other cheek as got cystic mark but acne is inactive. i have taken treatment for cyst like laser dermabrasion and punchgraft but nothing worked. what treatment should i take for active acne and cystic mark?
Mon, 29 Dec 2014
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello. Thank you for writing to us at healthcaremagic

For Moderately severe inflammatory acne as well as cystic acne, my first choice in my patients is Oral Retinoids i.e Isotretinoin.
Isotretinoin are the most effective antiacne drugs against moderate to severe grade of acne. They are Sebostatic, Antiinflammatory as well as comedolytic; therefore targets acne at multiple targets.
Besides Oral Retinoids, For active acne that is inflammatory, I usually suggest Oral Antibiotics too in my patients either alone or in combination with Oral Retinoids.
Oral antibiotics e.g Doxycycline, Lymecycline Or Azithromycin are antiinflammatory as well as antibacterial in action and therefore bring about faster relief in inflammatory acne as compared to topical treatment alone.
However, Doxycycline and Lymecycline are not suitable for Oral administration along with Oral Retinoids because of the risk of headache and blurred vision due to increased intracranial tension; Azithromycin is suitable for combining with Oral Retinoids.
Topical antiacne treatment is part of the overall treatment of acne and includes Topical antibacterials like clindamycin, nadifloxacin; Topical Benzoyl peroxide and Topical Retinoids.
I suggest you to visit a dermatologist in your region. Your dermatologist will assess the severity of your acne and prescribe accordingly.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Iam suffering from Systic ance on my cheeks and back for 10 years.Iam using doxycyline tablet for 10 years to control the problem .but this tablet...

Recent questions on  Acneiform eruptions

doctor1 MD

To treat my acne, late last year I applied Tretinoin cream to my face. Soon after applying the cream I went outside and exposed my face to the...

doctor1 MD

My daughter had a miscarriage she is 23. For approx 6 months after this she has had a terrible acne type rash on her face and now just spread to...

doctor1 MD

when I sweat, even if its just a little bit my forehead starts breaking out in this splotchy rash type thing but once I cool back down it goes...

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor! I recently took treatment for acne (sotret 20mg for 4 months, nadoxin gel, faceclin and cosglo gel). I am now only using the tubes. I...

doctor1 MD

My face has broke out looks a little like pimples . My scalpe is very dry and itches.

doctor1 MD

What does Anthralin do for Alopecia Barbae. I have Barbae on 3spots each 1 X 0.5 inch. happened all within 2 months. I tried Kenalog, and topical...

doctor1 MD

I use olay total effects cleanser, day cream and night cream regularly. Very often painfull red bumps and itching are developing on my face. Please...