• question-icon

Suggest treatment for cyst break in the lower leg

My grandma s right leg has reach the point where she can t even walk on it. Doctors say that she had a bakers cyst on the back of her knee that burst, but her lower leg and up into her thigh is all bruised. Her calf and foot are extremely swollen and she said every so ofter she gets a sensation of a bee sting. Does that sound like anything you have every diagnosed?
Wed, 13 Nov 2019

If she is symptomatic better to go for surgical excision of the cyst. Consult an orthopedic and get evaluated. An MRI scan may be needed prior to the procedure.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician