• question-icon

Suggest treatment for cramping in the feet that radiates to the thigh

I have cramping on the top of my right foot that radiates up into my thigh. The bottom of the foot goes numb and without feeling. Moist or dry heat will make it subside after a few minutes but it comes back if I walk or stand for a short period of time. I am also loosing strength in my hip area and lower back when walking. I also cannot lay down or it becomes numb quickly.
Mon, 10 Dec 2018

Your symptoms suggest neurogenic pain. There seems to be pinching or compression on supplying nerve at lumbar spine or hip (sciatic level).

Xray/ MRI of the region would clear the diagnosis followed by specific treatment by an orthopaedic surgeon.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vasudha Jayant Athavale, General & Family Physician