Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
169 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for chemical burn on the penis head

I managed to acquire a chemical burn on my penis head from Safety Kleen cleaning chemical. The burns were on my legs as well, but they have healed pretty good. But the skin on my penis head is sort of aligatoring if you will (wrinkly/bumpy). Should this heal in due time or should I look into going to a doctor?
Mon, 12 Dec 2016
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for posting in HCM.
I understand your concern.
Kindly do the following to overcome the chemical burn you have sustained on the head of the penis.
1. Clean the area with mild antiseptic solution like Savlon twice daily.
2. After drying, apply Neomycin with Hydrocortisone cream over the lesions as a thin layer.
3. Take Tablet. Levocetirizine once a day to overcome itching.
4. Wear loose fitting undergarments to avoid friction and provide proper ventilation.
5. Abstain from sexual activities till the symptoms subside completely.
Take care of your personal hygiene by using medicated soap while taking bath. Gradually, your symptoms should subside and be back to normal.
Hope the information provided would be helpful.
All the best.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I believe I got a chemical burn on the tip of my penis from the toilet at my workplace! How do I treat, should I see a doctor? It is approximately...