Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
184 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for biliary colic

I think i am having gallbladder attacks. After i eat i get a sharp pain in my middle back and front of the rib cage. Sometimes it is so severe i cannot handle the pain. I had an attack this past wednesday which was severe and everyday since then i have felt pain in the same places. I eat clean, 54 yrs female Both parents had gallstones when they were alive.
Fri, 26 Dec 2014
Report Abuse
Radiologist 's  Response

Your symptoms may be due to gall bladder calculus.
At present,empirically you can take strong opoid analgesics like tramadol for pain relief.
You need clinical correlation and investigations.Investigations include routine hemogram,renal function test,liver function test and Ultrasound of abdomen.

Ultrasound of abdomen can exclude many possibilities.
Proper treatment depend upon findings.

Get well soon.
Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, My 10 year old son is in agony in all likelyhood with gallstones, confrimed by two GPs, ultrasound pending.. myself and my mother had...