Suggest treatment for back pain post a hip replacement surgery

I had a hip replacement two years ago and now I find that my lower back hurts on the opposite side when I get up in the morning, I purchased a new mattress but that does not seem to help. Is this something related to the hip replacement. I am a side sleeper. The pain goes away after I start moving around.
Mon, 5 Jun 2017
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

In my opinion that could be a kind of joint stiffness due to the compensating effort done to withstand the new hip joint from the opposite side.

I recommend hot gentle massaging with topical anti-inflammatory gels, physiotherapy, B 12 vitamin supplementation, muscle relaxants, and painkillers like Advil tabs, when needed, will be effective in most of the cases.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan