Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
134 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
  • question-icon

    Suggest treatment for acne

hello Doctor, I had severe acne problems for which i consulted various doctors but was finally cured by a doctor from whom i took treatment for 8 months. Now am facing problem of pigmentation. I am taking the medicine from the same doctor and my skin is improving. I want to know if this pigmentation will finally go and can i get back my skin glow and complexion? I am 34 years of age and started getting acne when i moved away from north to south and had some climatic divergence. I went there when i was 25 and i got back to north last year itself. I never had acne problems during my growing youth years.
Wed, 16 Dec 2015
Report Abuse
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear,

Welcome to HCM.

Understanding your concern. As per your query acne problems which occurs when sebum get accumulated along with dead skin and bacteria in clogged pore of sebaceous gland. As you already taking medications and not getting benefitted. I would suggest you to avoid oily and fried food. Apply mashed potatoes on face to lighten skin and apply it for 10-15 minutes. You should start with use of topical antibacterial clindamycin gel as a spot treatment for acne during day time and at night you may use a topical retinoid like Adapalene gel. Exfoliate your skin one a week to remove the dead skin from your face. If condition doesn't start getting better in a week then consult dermatologist for proper examination and treatment. Doctor may prescribe oral antibiotic course clindamycin or isoteritenoin.

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Get Well Soon.

Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

iv just turned 22 ! i started haveing acne after 19 ! its frequency has been much reduced now but but i am still having it ! its like when one...

Recent questions on  Acneiform eruptions

doctor1 MD

My daughter 15 yrs old had her eyebrows waxed for the 1st time and they are raw and red, looks like the skin was peeled off. She is on topical acne...

doctor1 MD

Hello dr.

I had abortion a year ago and have severe acne on skin after periods are regular and i m little obese.i m diagonosed with...

doctor1 MD

i hav consulted skin specialist for acne problem which i had from this specialist it gt reduced some but during 1st week of jan 2014 again...

doctor1 MD

I am a 32 yr old male and for 2 weeks I have had a breakout of red spots (similar to acne) across my torso, arms and neck that do not itch. They...

doctor1 MD

My face has broke out looks a little like pimples . My scalpe is very dry and itches.

doctor1 MD

What does Anthralin do for Alopecia Barbae. I have Barbae on 3spots each 1 X 0.5 inch. happened all within 2 months. I tried Kenalog, and topical...

doctor1 MD

I use olay total effects cleanser, day cream and night cream regularly. Very often painfull red bumps and itching are developing on my face. Please...