• question-icon

Suggest treatment for acne

hello Doctor, I had severe acne problems for which i consulted various doctors but was finally cured by a doctor from whom i took treatment for 8 months. Now am facing problem of pigmentation. I am taking the medicine from the same doctor and my skin is improving. I want to know if this pigmentation will finally go and can i get back my skin glow and complexion? I am 34 years of age and started getting acne when i moved away from north to south and had some climatic divergence. I went there when i was 25 and i got back to north last year itself. I never had acne problems during my growing youth years.
Wed, 16 Dec 2015
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear,

Welcome to HCM.

Understanding your concern. As per your query acne problems which occurs when sebum get accumulated along with dead skin and bacteria in clogged pore of sebaceous gland. As you already taking medications and not getting benefitted. I would suggest you to avoid oily and fried food. Apply mashed potatoes on face to lighten skin and apply it for 10-15 minutes. You should start with use of topical antibacterial clindamycin gel as a spot treatment for acne during day time and at night you may use a topical retinoid like Adapalene gel. Exfoliate your skin one a week to remove the dead skin from your face. If condition doesn't start getting better in a week then consult dermatologist for proper examination and treatment. Doctor may prescribe oral antibiotic course clindamycin or isoteritenoin.

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Get Well Soon.

Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari