• question-icon

Suggest remedy for severe leg pains

Hi I flew Australia to USA using Cexane 80mg twice per day and stopped four days after return. Had signs of DVT and PE forming and went back on clexane for further 4 days, Now having bad leg pains again like things shooting through veins. Feel completely flattened on energy 10 days post travel. I have protein C deficiency and had 3XDVT and 2xPE before. Last DVT was on 9.5mg warfarin. Any advice?
Fri, 12 Sep 2014
Hello
Welcome to HCM! As you are a diagnosed patient for protein C, so it is more likely you get DVT again and again. But before i jump to conclusions straight away i would ask my patients following
-how much time has elapsed since pain started
-does pain increases with walking or moving legs/restriction in movements?
-have you got fever?
-is there any redness in calf region.
-do you feel pain in touching calf muscles
-have you experienced shortness of breath?

Do following test:
-leg doppler
-PT/INR LEVELS
-D-dimers
-CT-angio if shortness of breath and doppler and D-dimers are positive, as this test is invasive one.

HOPE I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT IF YOU STILL HAVE QUERIES. PLEASE RATE THE ANSWER AS YOU LEAVE.

WISH YOU BEST OF HEALTH!