Suggest remedy for pain after meniscus tear surgery on knee

Hi, I am 39 yrs Old male. My weight is 82kg. I had undergone a meniscus tear surgery on my left knee in 2005. I was not having any problem but since last 6mth I am getting pain while walking fast or running. I am thinking that I am losing the strength in my left leg. Can u suggest the cause of it. Thx & Rgds,
Mon, 19 Jan 2015
Dear patient
Knee degeneration process accelerates after meniscus injury in knee. What procedure was done on your left knee.? Was meniscus repaired or excised? If it was excised then cushioning effect of meniscus is not in place and leads to knee cartilage degenerative changes. Please take a visit to orthopaedic surgeon nearby you and get yourself examined. I would like to advise mri of left knee to assess meniscus status. If it's normal start physiotherapy with quadriceps and hamstrings strengthening excersise. Avoid squatting and cross legged position.hope this was useful.