Suggest remedy for missed periods

I have been dieting lately and only consuming around 1,040 calories daily. My period stopped, and has been gone for around 4 months and i know that is the reason why. I upped my calories to aroud 1,500 daily. I read online that 1,040 is the right amount to eat if you are trying to loose weight for me height and weight (5 6 , 132 lbs) I was down to 126, and now eating more i am 132. My period still hasnt came back and i want to know what i can do to get it back. I hear it is dangerous for it to be gone this long. I want my period back but I do not want to gain any more weight. I want to be at 125.
Mon, 30 Apr 2018
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It is a known fact that weight loss can cause delay to missed periods.

While you have up to three months of missed periods, then should contact your gynecologist because you have Secondary amenorrhea and you should check your body hormones.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra