Suggest remedy for indigestion and loose stools in a child

my son is 10 years old and is having loose motion maybe due to indigestion as he had fried food yesterday. He has passed watery stools about 4 times since early morning today. He also had a temperature of 101.3 underarm. I gave him some ginger tea. What else can I do? Please advice
Mon, 9 Sep 2019

If a similar case comes to my OPD, I would first check his weight because unless we know weight can't prescribe medicines for kids.

Ors has to be given with mild hot water, Sporolac sachet in 5 ml water and zinc syrup 5 ml. if he is a healthy kid of normal weight and height then give him paracetamol 250 mg 2 times a day. If it doesn't reduce in a day kindly meet your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Jilu Joseph, General & Family Physician