Suggest remedies for red and itchy rashes on skin

my daughter has very red and itchy skin...almost rash like. she has been using topical prescription acne medication and all of the sudden her skin looks like its on fire. it is a new bottle of medication but it is the same strength and brand name that she has been using for the last year. She claims that nothing else has changed in her cleaning regimen
Tue, 13 Jun 2017

Red, itching skin implies an allergic reaction. Though the products have not changed, she should consider discontinuing the product at least for now. In some people, side effects or allergic reactions do not occur immediately. She should use an oral antihistamine such as Benadryl or non-drowsy options such as Zyrtec, Allegra, and Claritin. She may need to speak to her dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Michelle Gibson James